Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Help! Should I drive or tow my car on this long trip?

I have a Ford 1998 and a 400 mile trip ahead. I'm not sure whether just to drive the car or rent a uhaul truck to tow it. Do you think it's too dangerous to drive a 11 y o car on highway? I maintain my car regularly, but in the last similar trip it had some burning oil issue. I had the valve cover gasket changed though.



What would you do if you were in my situation? Drive or tow? How would you decide if your car is %26quot;good enough%26quot; to drive or not? If drive how would you make it safe on highway? Many thanks for your help!Help! Should I drive or tow my car on this long trip?
You could have your car inspected by a mechanic. If the mechanic doesn't find anything wrong, and the tires/brakes are good, I would drive it. Renting a truck would be way more expensive than a pre-trip inspection, and you would spend a ton of money on gas. Even if you end up spending two or three hundred dollars on your car, it would still be cheaper than towing it.Help! Should I drive or tow my car on this long trip?
i hav a 1998 mazda. i drive it on the highway daily around 70 - 75 mph. still runs great. if your car is properly taken care of it should last a lifetime and run fine on the highway.Help! Should I drive or tow my car on this long trip?
If you have taken care of it on a Regular basis then it should have no problem making a 400 mile trip.